The Top 5 Business VPN of 2022
Last updated: August 05, 2022
We've reviewed the top business VPN companies of 2022, ranked by past customer feedback, company network security features, available pricing plans and functionality, and ease of initial setup.
Favy values your trust!
Favy.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, Favy.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions.
Our Business VPN Partners:
GoodAccess, NordLayer, Perimeter 81
- Free demo and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Secure network traffic across every environment
- Security solutions for every industry
- Simple and lighting-fast setup and deployment
- 24x7 world-class dedicated support team
- Unlimited data usage and network tunnels
- Hardware-free and ready to deploy immediately
- Quick and easy to procure, download, and set up
- Suitable for businesses of all sizes
- Simple integration with your current infrastructure
- Manage everything in one place
- Enforce NordLayer capabilities centrally
- Secure access for all teammates
- Intuitive management dashboard
- Identity-based access control
- Systems & apps access logs
- GDPR, SOC2, and HIPAA compliance
- Fast 10 minute setup
- 24/7 customer support
- Zero traffic logs
- Unmetered device connections
- No data transfer caps
- Multiple connection protocols
- Proxy web server
Best Business VPNs for 2022
If you own a small business, you probably worry about keeping your business’ information safe. The last thing that you want is to fall victim to some type of cybercrime that leaks your customer’s personal data or interrupts your business operations.
A business Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an important cybersecurity tool that you can use to keep your company’s data safe. VPNs allow you to encrypt internet traffic on your company’s devices and restrict access to files and other network resources.
There are many business VPN services out there, so it can be difficult to choose the right one for your needs.
Why is a Business VPN Service Important?
A VPN service is important for your business because it is one of the best tools that you can use to keep your company’s data safe.
These days, almost everything is connected to the internet, and we do a lot of our work using online and networked tools. Even small businesses rely heavily on computers to store information.
A VPN can help you accomplish two tasks:
The first is creating a secure connection to the internet for company devices. When you access the internet, third parties may try to snoop on your web traffic. This can give them an opportunity to see the websites you’re accessing or to intercept files and other information you’re viewing.
Using a VPN encrypts your internet traffic, which makes it more difficult for a third party to read it. This is especially important for employees working outside the office on public WiFi networks that anyone can use.
The second is allowing remote workers to access network resources located in your office.
A good security practice is to restrict access to important company resources only to computers on your business's local network. That means people on the internet can’t access your company’s servers and data easily.
A VPN lets your employees create a secure connection between their computers and your company’s network, letting them access on-site resources while working remotely. That means that someone working from home won’t have to download files to their computer to work on and can keep them on your company’s secure server, improving security.
Business vs. Consumer VPNs
There are many companies that offer VPNs to consumers rather than businesses. Understanding the difference between a business VPN and a consumer VPN will let you understand why it’s important to choose a business VPN to keep your company’s data safe.
Consumer VPNs are generally aimed at individuals who want to encrypt their internet connections or appear to be connecting to the internet from a different location. This lets them get around geographic restrictions on online content, such as streaming content that is only available in another country.
Business VPNs, by contrast, focus more heavily on security than consumer VPNs and include features like providing dedicated IP addresses to companies so their network resources can be more easily accessed by people authorized to connect. They also offer more management tools so IT teams can configure their company’s VPN as needed.
Business VPNs also allow multiple connections by different users while consumer VPNs are typically designed to be used by an individual.
Essential Features for Business VPNs
When you're comparing VPN services for your business, these are some of the top features to look for.
- Security. The primary reason to buy a VPN service for your company is to increase your business’ security. Make sure the provider you choose has a clean track record and offers the basic security tools you need.
- Support. Cybersecurity is complicated and setting up a VPN can be difficult. You want to make sure the provider you choose has a good onboarding process and is available for support when you need it.
- Management tools. You want your VPN to be easy to manage, so look for a service that offers a clean, easy-to-use dashboard and powerful management tools to keep your network secure.
- Scalability. If your business grows, you want your VPN to grow with you. Creating and deleting accounts should be easy and the pricing shouldn’t become unreasonable as you add employees.
The Best Business VPNs for 2022
These are the three best business VPNs you can be using in 2022.
#1: Perimeter 81
- Full suite of business security services
- Strong encryption
- Supports network segmentation
- Powerful dashboard
- Pricier than other options
Perimeter81 is more than a simple VPN service. It offers a large suite of cybersecurity tools that you can pair with its VPN services.
The service is easy to set up and has an intuitive online dashboard that makes management simple for your IT team. You can use the tool to segment your business’ network, connect multiple remote offices, and filter web traffic to make sure your employees don’t accidentally visit any malicious sites.
Perimeter81's pricing is simple, with a flat fee plus a per-user cost and the service can easily scale as your company grows.
- Integrates with many popular tools
- Static IP included with all plans
- Bandwidth limits
- No support for Linux
GoodAccess is a business VPN service that goes a bit beyond simple VPN technology. From the GoodAccess website, you can view a huge number of integrations and additional tools that you can use for your business. For example, you can enable Access Control or set up a Zero-Trust network using the tool.
These extra tools make it a good choice for businesses that want help with making their networks secure on top of securing their employee’s devices.
The service is a good value with pricing starting at $4 per user per month with annual billing. However, to get full access to the program’s security tools, like Single-Sign On integration, you’ll need to pay for the middle tier of service, which starts at $4.80 per user per month.
- No data caps
- A large number of servers
- Strong security
- Need to reach out for a quote on pricing
- Desktop applications might take time to learn
NordLayer is the enterprise version of the popular NordVPN consumer VPN service. The company has built a strong reputation with its consumer product, and it offers similar levels of support and assistance to its enterprise customers.
Customers get access to a dedicated VPN server and an account manager who will be your first point of contact for any issues you experience.
NordVPN is one of the top providers when it comes to the number of VPN servers it offers. It also has impressive security tools like double data encryption, a no-logs policy, and not requiring company details to make your purchase. This makes it ideal for privacy-conscious business owners.
If you own a business that uses the internet or computers, which is almost every business, you should be thinking about keeping your data safe. A business VPN is one of the best tools for the job, so it should be one of the first things you look for when trying to secure your company network.