The Top 5 Tea Clubs of 2023
Last updated: September 16, 2023
Do you love trying new flavors of tea? Join a tea subscription service and expand your horizons! Compare and read reviews of our favorite tea clubs from our list below.
Favy values your trust!
Favy.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, Favy.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks, purchases, and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Our Tea Clubs Partners:
Art of Tea, Atlas Tea Club, Simple Loose Leaf
- Total Cups
- Specialty Grade?
Atlas Tea Club
- Limited Time Offer: Take $10 off your first subscription purchase
- A curation of the world's best single origin teas from 50+ countries
- Tea & postcard from a new country each month
- Tasting notes & steeping tips for each batch
- Pause your tea subscription at any time
The Best Tea Club Subscriptions: Get Yours Today!
Every day, 3 billion cups of tea are consumed worldwide, making it the most popular beverage behind water. And if you’re one of those people who enjoy a relaxing cuppa, then a tea club subscription might be right up your alley.
What Are Tea Subscription Clubs?
A tea subscription allows you to try different types of teas with all kinds of flavors from a variety of places – all directly delivered to your doorstep.
How Do Tea Club Subscriptions Work?
It’s easy to get started with a tea club subscription: you simply sign up online with the tea club of your choice by creating an account, entering your personal details, and signing up for the subscription, and the tea will be delivered to your address on a set schedule (typically weekly or monthly).
Why Tea Subscriptions Will Shake Up Your Morning Routine
Tea subscriptions are a great way to start your day: not only will the variety of tea let you explore the world and satisfy your taste buds, but you can do it all from the comfort of your home – all while supporting small tea farms and getting the flavors and brews of your choice.
A single sip can transport you to far away places while you get to enjoy new flavors and types of tea – black, green, white, herbal, oolong, pu-erh, yellow, and more!
Choosing the Right Tea Subscription
You’ll want to consider a few things when choosing a subscription plan:
- Types of tea: Do you have a certain flavor preferences or are you just curious about trying all kinds of tea from around the world?
- Schedule: Ask yourself how often you need a tea subscription. This depends on how much you consume and the amount of tea you receive. If you’re a casual drinker, you probably only need a monthly subscription, but heavy tea drinkers may opt for a weekly one.
- Price: The price of specialty tea is usually due to the quality and variety, but also may vary due to the price per ounce bags and individual shipping costs. If you’re on a budget, there are more affordable options to look into.
Below, we break down our top tea club subscriptions and what you’ll get with each one. No matter what your preferences, there is truly something for everyone!
Our Top Tea Subscription Clubs
How did we select the best rated tea clubs?
We looked for various characteristics when reviewing the best tea subscriptions, such as:
- Excellent history of customer reviews
- Selection of premium and award-winning teas
- Customizability of the tea subscription
- Delivery speed and pricing
- Value of the subscription benefits compared to the monthly pricing
- Past coverage on tea related websites
- Any unique features of the tea of the month club versus the competition
Best Curated Teas: Atlas Tea Club
If you’re looking for curated, single-origin tea that takes you on a global tour, Atlas Tea Club is for you.
Atlas Tea Club’s subscription offers a curated selection of the world’s best tea delivered straight to your door. Each month you’ll receive:
- Single-origin, ethically sourced, loose leaf tea and recyclable tea filters
- A postcard containing a beautiful image of the country and details of the country’s tea-related history
- Preparation tips
- Details on the tea’s unique tasting notes
To find your ideal tea, Atlas Tea Club’s questionnaire asks about your preferences, such as whether you prefer caffeine or caffeine-free options and even more detailed options like whether you drink green tea, black tea, or more. Once you’re signed up, you’ll receive two bags of fresh tea every month. However, if you don’t want to opt for a subscription (which you can pause, skip, or cancel anytime), you can get a gift set option for yourself or for other tea lovers in your life.
Ready to give it a try? Sign up here.
Best Uniquely Flavored Teas: Almost Tea
Almost Tea is one of the most unique tea clubs we’ve come across: the teas are inspired by desserts created by famous American bakers and pastry chefs.
This monthly subscription sends you exciting, delicious, and sweet flavors, all without added sweeteners. Almost Tea collaborates with a different regional dessert manufacturer every month to create six new unique blends, such as banana bread, Boston cream pie, lemon meringue pie, and more. Each tea is approved by the dessert manufacturer to ensure that the tea is true to the flavor profile.
It’s easy to enjoy Almost Tea – you simply have to sign up by choosing whether you want to pay monthly or annually, and which type of subscription you would like:
- ”The Sip,” which delivers a box with 12 tea bags that are customized with your caffeine preferences.
- “The Slurp” features 30 tea sachets with 6 brand new tea flavor blends and a mini-magazine with tea info inside each box.
- A gift subscription for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.
- A one-time order of a specific tea you would like to try.
Ready to try Almost Tea? Sign up here.
Best Personalized Teas: Simple Loose Leaf Tea
Simple Loose Leaf tea is a personalized tea sampler club that delivers premium teas every month. All the tea boxes are based on your preferences, which is easy to do – you only have to subscribe and answer a few easy questions to create a Tea Profile.
Simple Loose Leaf tea picks the tea, and all you have to do is pick your preferences. You can choose between multiple tiers (Essentials, Plus, or Deluxe Tea Club) which gives you 2, 3, or 4 samples a month. You’ll also receive tasting notes, origin, and brewing instructions for each tea.
Each of these teas are sourced from all around the globe and come in a wide variety of flavors. Additionally, the premium teas are rotated on a monthly basis, so there’s always something new to try!
Ready to try Simple Loose Leaf Tea? Sign up here.
Best Teas for Adventurous Drinkers: Art of Tea
Art of Tea is perfect for those tea drinkers who are curious to try all kinds of tea flavors. To get started, you simply need to take a brief quiz that gathers information on your tea preferences, and then pick between five subscription options:
- Caffeine-Free: Delicious herbal and botanical fusions that are naturally free of caffeine
- Classic: All types of teas from the collection of most popular classics by Art of Tea
- Single-Origin: The finest and rarest single-origin teas from around the world
- Explore: Try a variety of exotic teas and blends
- Pyramid Sachet: A convenient and eco-friendly way to brew a cup of tea when you don’t have any equipment at home (or when you’re out and about)
Depending on if you’re a tea enthusiast or connoisseur, you can choose a 3-,6-, or 12-month plan, and every month, you’ll receive 2 to 4 ounces of tea along with more information about the world of tea. These teas are chosen seasonally and you’ll receive a new one with every delivery.
Excited to try something new? Sign up here.
Best Tailored Teas: Free Your Tea
Free Your Tea is a customizable service that tailors the teas to your preferred tea types. These sustainable, fresh, high-quality loose leaf teas come from all over the world, and the variety of tea ensures that there is something for every tea enthusiast.
Free Your Tea is an excellent way to try out new teas based on preferences and tea ratings: you simply have to provide a monthly evaluation of the tea you’ve tried, and based on your responses, Free Your Tea will select the teas they believe you will most enjoy.
It’s also easy to send Free Your Tea as a gift – you only need the recipient’s email address to send a gift notice with your message.
With each delivery, you receive:
- 4 or 6 full size (2 oz) bags, which can brew approximately 20-30 cups of tea
- Tasting notes and brewing directions for that particular tea
- Cards with directions for cold brew iced tea (all these teas are excellent hot and cold)
- Instructions for evaluating the tea so you’ll receive even more tailored teas in the future
- In the first delivery, you’ll receive disposable paper strainers for the loose-leaf tea
Want to try something new (but with your favorite flavor profiles)? Sign up here.