The Top 5 Language Learning of 2024
Compare the best language learning platforms and apps of 2024. All of the companies below can help you learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portugese, and more!
Favy values your trust!
Favy.com is a free online resource that provides valuable content and comparison features to visitors. To keep our resources 100% free for consumers, Favy.com attempts to partner with some of the companies listed on this page, and may receive marketing compensation in exchange for clicks, purchases, and calls from our site. Such compensation can impact the location and order in which such companies appear on this page. All such location, order and company ratings are subject to change based on editorial decisions. Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Our Language Learning Partners:
Babbel, iTalki, Lingopie, Mondly, Skillshare
- Created by a team of expert language teachers, designed for all levels of learners
- Learn a new language with original podcasts, games, videos and more
- Virtual classes availabe with Babel Live
- Over 10 million subscriptions sold!
- Binge-watch your way to fluency
- Sit back and learn by watching and listening to native speakers on TV
- 1000s of hours of great TV shows, telenovelas, comedies, travel, and more
- New shows added monthly
- Join 100,000+ students who use Lingopie to learn a new language
- Limited time offer: 96% off a lifetime subscription (no code needed)
- Bite-sized lessons and games with 41 languages offered
- Ability to practice with a chatbot or learn via Virtual Reality (VR)
- Named "App of the Year" by Facebook and "Best New App" by Apple having over 100 million downloads
- No subscription -- simply book lessons whenever you feel like learning
- Pick from 150+ languages
- Take tests to help understand your current fluency, prepare for an interview, or study for an exam
For All Your Favorites
With the world becoming more and more connected by the day, language learning is becoming more popular. Whether you want to learn language as a hobby or to use it in your daily life, there is something for everyone!
A few fun facts about languages
According to Consumers International:
- There are over 7,000 languages in the world
According to Babbel:
- There are 10 languages that are the mother tongue for half the world's population
- The language with the most native speakers? Chinese, with 1.3 billion native speakers
- The most popular language overall (regardless of whether or not it's their mother tongue)? English, with 1.348 billion speakers
According to Wikipedia, most people in the USA speak the following languages:
- 78.4% Americans speak English
- 13.2% Americans speak Spanish, the second most known language in the US
- The third most popular language is Chinese (including Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and all other varieties), which is only 1.1%
Our Top Language Learning Picks
Ready to learn a new language? Here are our top picks for the best language-learning services:
Lingopie is one of the most unique language-learning services. It allows you to immerse yourself in the language by watching TV: you’ll receive access to thousands of hours or daily news, comedies, travel shows, telenovelas, and more, all with native speakers. New content is added every month, so you’ll never get bored while binging.
Babbel teaches you everything you need to be able to communicate with others in the real world – including vocabulary, culture, and more – with as little as 10 minutes a day.
Babbel is for language learners of all levels. It was created by a team of expert language teachers with the goal of helping you speak a new language as soon as possible. Try live online classes, podcasts, games, videos, and more!
Mondly helps you master a new language and attain fluency even faster with the use of effective and fun language courses that focus on curriculum, speech recognition, and short lessons. By focusing on common phrases, you’ll be able to start engaging in conversations much sooner!
Try your hand at learning one or more of the 41 languages offered, with gamification strategies and tools such as the ability to practice with a chatbot or learn through Virtual Reality. Mondly even works with professional native voiceover actors so you can learn by listening to a natural accent and accurate pronunciation.
With over 100 million downloads, it’s no wonder why it was named “App of the Year” by Facebook and “Best New App” by Apple.
There’s no doubt you’ve heard of Skillshare, but did you know you can learn languages with them too? Skillshare gives you access to over 2,000 language learning classes with a variety of learning techniques, so there is something for every kind of learner.
Video lessons are taught by language experts and range from 15 to 60 minutes, so you’ll be able to learn no matter how much time you have available. And whether you are a beginner or working on perfecting a language, you can find the right class for you.
iTalki offers a personalized service to help you learn languages by allowing you to book 1-on-1 lessons with a private instructor or take group classes. Take a quick lesson during a short break or even book a longer session – up to 90 minutes! If you prefer to learn without a teacher, you can use iTalki’s additional learning tools.
Practice your vocabulary, listen to podcasts, and take quizzes to test your knowledge. There’s no subscription or rigid schedule – simply take as many lessons as you have available time.
With over 150+ languages, there is something for everyone. Try iTalki today!